Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome Isabelle Ruby Born 1-25-2011 8lbs. 12oz, 22.5 in

I'm making a valiant effort to start back up with blogging! We'll see how it goes being a mother of two and moving to the farm next week. Here are a bunch of pictures of the first month of Izzy's life. They aren't in order. I don't have the time or energy to write a lot of details, but for family and friends who live close and far away and haven't gotten to see pics, here you go!




Izzy and I at the hospital on day two of her life.


Izzy at 4 weeks old, starting to be awake more often.



Aunt Kara, Braden, Izzy, and Elaina. Brad, Kara, and Braden stopped by for a visit to meet Izzy when she was 1 1/2 weeks old.

Cousin Braden who is almost three practicing holding a baby, as his new sibling is on the way in a little over a month.

Grandma Jo enjoying Izzy. She came for several days and helped us out at home.


Grandma Patty, Izzy, and Elaina enjoying the unseasonably warm weather in January. Grandma Patty came to help as soon as I started having contractions and got to stay for a week after Izzy was born!

Great Grandpa Joe and Great Mimi came for a visit the day we came home from the hospital when Izzy was 2 days old.

Grandma Patty holding my little butterball at 2 days old.

Proud Daddy finally getting to hold Izzy on day three after coming down with the stomach flu a few hours after my labor started!


My sister Tina surprised us by flying in from Washington, D.C. for a short visit the day Izzy was born.

First day of life! A nurse from ICU, who was helping out on the L&D floor, crocheted the hat for Izzy.

Hello world! A rare pic of her eyes being open on day one.

Grandma and Grandpa Jo came for a visit the first night in the hospital.
Pround Auntie Tina holding Izzy after booking a ticket that morning and renting a car from Kansas City to meet her niece!


Grandpa Chris met Izzy the first night at the hospital as well!



Day one of life outside the womb!


Big Sister getting to finally meet Izzy!

2 comments:

Janel said...

Love love love all the pictures! What a cutie! Thinking of you all LOTS this week!

The Englishes said...

Shows how out of touch I am that I just figured out you had a second child when I checked your profile picture to see how Elaina looks these days! Yikes! Congrats to you all.